Weekend Gloss: Pink Poodle

I'm something of a beauty product junkie. Liners, shadows, luminizers, glosses... you name it, I got it. And I got it bad.

So bad that I bartered my soul the first time I stepped into Sephora. Now I'm indebted to the Bronzer Gods to use my powers for good -- hence, the Weekend Gloss. Here I share with you, my dear friends, the product I've been loving for the last week, and that I'd recommend everyone to go try. (I'm not saying buy it... just try it. That's what the testers are for anyway.) And then you can tell me your reaction -- or if you know of a similar product that's just as fab.



This Weekend: MAC Lipglass in Pink Poodle.

Who said you couldn't wear bright colors? Your mom? I mean, Moms is cool and all, but she's tragically misled.

For far too long, women of color have been told (and some actually believe!) that they can't rock bright colors. Too loud, some would say. I say... pshaw! Why shouldn't you be vibrant? What's so bad about being bold? Nothing, which is why this little tube is my flashy new best friend.

Pink Poodle is a hot, blue-based pink gloss with just a touch of shimmer. And the picture really doesn't do it justice -- this baby is bright. But it's sheer enough that you can control the intensity by applying it in layers.














The best part is that it's flattering on a range of skin tones, as you can see above on me and my guinea pig girl Lynnette. The trick is finding a neutral lip liner to bring the whole look together, and BAM! A fresh pop of color on your face.

So friends, y'all have an assignment for the week: Go ahead and test out Pink Poodle at the MAC counter (or any similarly bright gloss from any other brand) and let me know what you think. Or, if you already have your own favorite bright gloss, share it below.

Have a fly weekend. :o)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OR (and I like this plan much better) you can give it to me for having the snarkiest post and THEN I will try it out and see if I like my lips looking pink and poodle-y on purpose.

Anonymous said...

Not to be all overbearing in your spot or anything, but kindly refer to "Sephora" by it's proper name; The Holy Land. Please and thank you.

I heart lots 'o the Lipglasses (Viva Glam V is DIVINE on ehrbody) and Prestige glosses are the bomb and budget-y too. The Poodle looks fab on y'all (Awesome & Fabulous! even. Nyuck nyuck). Good work, good work.

Anonymous said...

My bad; "Nymphette" is the Lipglass that's the shade of Viva Glam V lipstick.

Going away now....

Veronica Marché said...

Sassy ~ The poodle stays with me. Lol. Come on, five minutes at the MAC counter won't kill ya... unless you easily fall prey to all the pretty colors... like me.

Groovy ~ I am so, so sorry. I don't know what I was thinking. I'll try to remember next time. And yes, some of the l/g are so universal... it's just a matter of getting these wimps -- I mean, my friends -- to stop getting scared about the colors of the tubes. Lol.

Anonymous said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE... Palmer's Lip Butter in Dark Chocolate & Peppermint (as a moisturizing gloss) and L'Oreal Colour Juice in Passion Fruit Squeeze... it's awesome AND fabulous :-)

Copyright © 2008 - Awesome & Fabulous! - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template