We Got a Black President... You Know Want We Want Now.

Look what Barack dun started.

Diddy to the Daily Mirror:




"There is a black president and it's time for there to be a black Bond."





Oh yes, folks. Your boy Diddy has his eyes on the prize. He wants to be Bond -- James Bond. And he wants to be Bond so bad that he's dropped £500,000 -- damn near 800,000 dollars -- to film an audition tape in the South of France.

... I mean... it's Diddy. King of Conspicuous Spending. Are you really surprised?

You shouldn't be. Black folk got all kinds of audacity now, aiming to become big-screen superheroes. (Superheroes whose names we already know. So Hancock doesn't count.) Beyoncé already called dibs on Wonder Woman, although, some people think it's a bad idea. But hell -- did you see Bey perform on the Today Show? I'd pay just to see her in that costume, and I'm totally hetero.

Anyway, back to what I was saying -- Diddy. As Bond. The thought doesn't really terrify me. Shoot, just the other day, I was thinking it's about time for a female James Bond -- and she could be played by me. So let Diddy dream.

Besides, you should be more concerned that Akon wants the role.

That's just scary.

2 comments:

Chris said...

AKON wants to be the black Bond? If they had a secret agent or super villain with a name that fits him, like "Chapped Leather," then yeah, I could see it. He needs to stand on the corner and just let people throw mail in his mouth.

Anonymous said...

If Diddy don't sit down I don't know what I'ma do. Black Bond, sure why not? Diddy; if he don't sit down I don't know what I'ma do (did I say that already?).

And as for Akon "I keep beatin up on my audience", pfft. Sit. Down.

Copyright © 2008 - Awesome & Fabulous! - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template